Perhaps my two favorite flavors are lemons and blueberries! This delightful Lemon Blueberry Pie combines those flavors so well that this pie pleases everyone! With fresh blueberries in season, this pie is easy and delicious and perfect for a summer dessert! No need to heat up the oven on a hot day as this is a no-bake pie! I use an Oil Crust on my no-bake pies. If you haven’t tried an Oil Crust, it is also a “no-brainer” as far as pie making goes! So don’t be afraid to try it! It’s very simple with no rolling the crust out! The crust is like working with Play-Doh! A graham cracker crust works, too, but I prefer the Oil Crust!
Lemon Blueberry Pie:
- 1 Oil crust (see below)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heavy whipping cream for topping
- In a saucepan, add sugar, cornstarch, milk, egg yolks, butter, and lemon zest.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more after it starts to get bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice
- Cover and chill.
- When cooled, fold in sour cream and blueberries.
- Put in cooled crust and cover lightly with foil.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with whip cream for topping.
Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice. Cover and chill. When cooled, fold in 8 oz. sour cream and 2 cups blueberries Put in cooled crust. Cover lightly with foil. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Whip cream and serve on top with additional blueberries. Now, that’s a scrumptious pie! I know you’ll enjoy this Lemon Blueberry Pie recipe! My husband thought it was a real winner! Thanks to my cousin in Washington state that sent me this wonderful recipe! For the Oil Crust recipe go to: Fresh Blueberry and Strawberry Pie (no-bake)
Subscribe on the sidebar so you don’t miss future posts! Also, follow on Bloglovin and Pinterest! This post is linked to many of the following parties…..Pin It Read More