Asian Rice Salad
Asian Rice Salad
- 1 and 1/2 cup fresh snow peas – blanched (I cut these in half at a slant)
- 3 cups cooked and cooled brown rice ( I used a tablespoon of the Asian Sesame Accents in with the rice while cooking)
- 2/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1 – 10 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped (more if you prefer)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced and chopped
- 2 tbsp. (or more) sesame seeds, toasted or use McCormick’s Asian Sesame Salad Topper Accents
1. Chop all ingredients. Blend cooled rice in with chopped ingredients. Moisten the Asian Rice Salad with dressing (I used about half of the bottle) and let the tastes meld for several hours. When ready to serve, remix, add additional dressing if necessary and serve cold!
2. If serving the Asian Rice Salad as a main entree, add shrimp or chicken. Now you have a great summer evening meal!
3. While this salad is not gluten free because of the wheat in the Asian dressing, I am suggesting a homemade Asian dressing to make it gluten free! This will have a sweeter flavor due to the honey. If you have another Asian salad dressing recipe, use it!
Home made Asian Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup water
1. Put ingredients in a jar with lid and shake to combine ingredients. Remove the lid and microwave for 1 minute to dissolve the honey. Cool and store in refrigerator. Shake well prior to using.
I’d be honored to have you subscribe to future posts and follow me on Pinterest & Bloglovin’
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you’re having a great summer!