Christmas Salad Recipe
This is an old recipe that I remember my mom making at Christmas time so I renamed it Christmas Salad. The real name of “Spinach and Apple Salad” just didn’t sound exciting enough for such a wonderful salad.
Fresh greens with red apples looks so colorful . Drizzled with an orange dressing and other goodies, it may sound different, but tastes wonderful! Don’t just limit it to holiday time, but make this anytime as a compliment to your meal. It’s a great use for those apples in the fall, too.
I like to make this salad on individual plates so everyone gets all the ingredients. It makes a tasty and beautiful salad course presentation with the reds and greens. From the original recipe, I added the feta cheese and almonds.
- Spinach along with other greens
- red apples (my mother used Delicious apples with their deep red color)
- Bacon – Cut in squares, fry and drain
- 1 cup mayo
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Sliced almonds
- Orange Juice concentrate
- Combine spinach, apples, and bacon in a bowl or arrange on individual salad plates.
- Combine orange juice concentrate with mayo until just light orange and mix with salad or pour on top of individual salads
- Sprinkle Feta cheese and sliced almonds on top.
Adding orange concentrate to the mayo….. just a few tablespoons per cup makes an unusual, but tasty dressing.
Mix until a light orange color….
Recipe without bacon….
Recipe with bacon…..
Add this recipe to your salad collection. So pretty, yet, so delicious!
Subscribe on the sidebar knowing that I keep your email safe and do not sell or share it in any way!
Follow on Pinterest, too!
Linked to these parties…