Easy Cheesy Potatoes – “Shreds”
In my book, when you serve ham, you’ve got to have cheesy potatoes to go with it! They just naturally go together! The easiest and best cheesy potatoes are called “Shreds”! They take hardly any time to put together and taste fantastic! I’ll give you a couple of versions of them and you can choose which you think is best! I use the first one more often.
Both kids and adults are crazy for these potatoes! Don’t plan on lots of left-overs!
- 2 packages of 28-30 oz. frozen hash browns
- 2-3 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated swiss cheese
- 2 pints of heavy whipping cream
- 2 small chopped onions - sautéed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place ½ layer of hash browns in a 9x13 pan. (This looks like it won't fit, but it cooks down.)
- Sprinkle onions over the layer and ½ of the cheese
- Repeat the same with the second layer.
- Pour cream over the top covering all areas.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 60 min. until hot and bubbly in the middle
For making a smaller batch, just use 1 package of shredded potatoes, 1 cup of cheese, and 1 pint of cream.
For an even cheesier version…..
32 oz. bag of frozen shredded hash browns – thawed
2 cups of shredded or grated mozzarella cheese
2 cups of grated Cheddar cheese
1 cup of grated Swiss
1 pint of whipping cream or half and half
Salt and Pepper
Combine and place in 9 x 13 pan and bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hrs at 325 degrees.
Both versions are delicious!
If you serve ham with the Best Cheesy Potatoes – “Shreds”, check out the “Juicy Ham Every Time” post!
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss future posts!
Follow on Pinterest and Bloglovin, too!