Snowman Craft – From a Brick!
Black stiff felt – one sheet
White Latex (Water-based) paint (this could be left-over house paint)
Black and orange acrylic paint
Material for scarf
Two circle end caps
(one larger than the other)
I used a chapstick end cap or a Nerf gun bullet and another bottle cap that was a bit larger. Any flat cap would do depending on its size.
small brush for the nose
sponge brush for the white paint
- Paint brick on all sides (except bottom) with white paint. To make it easier with young kids, paint in stages with the brick laying down and not standing up.
- Cut out a hat shape from the stiff felt. (this could be any hat shape)
- Trace the bottom of the brick and cut out from black stiff felt or soft felt will do, too! .
- Glue felt to one brick end. Glue hat on the top. (This gives a better idea for kids about where the eyes should go.)
- Dip larger circles into black acrylic paint and dot the eyes and buttons. (It helps kids to mark with a pencil where they should paint)
- Dip smaller circle for making the mouth dots. ( Again, it helps to make a light line or dots with a pencil right where they should paint.
- Paint nose with small paint brush or draw with an orange permanent marker.
- Cut fabric to go around the brick. Use holiday fabric or just any plain color. Cut about 2 or 2 1/2 ” wide. Tie the scarf around the brick. Make two snowmen and use as bookends or just display for winter ! This is an easy and cute craft; one that you can keep for years. Each one turns out different. Great gift for grandparents, too.