Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour milk (use regular milk with a tsp. of lemon juice to curdle it or use buttermilk)
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa pwd.
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. cup chocolate chips
- Cream together oil, butter, eggs, and sugar.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and zucchini.
- Pour into greased 9×13 cake pan.
- Sprinkle chips and nuts (optional) on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 min.
The batter will look like this….
It looks light, but don’t worry, it bakes darker.
This cake is so moist, rich, and delicious! It’s hard to resist especially if you’re a chocolate lover.
If by chance you have leftovers, it freezes well!
Now, do you consider this a vegetable or dessert? Hmmm….I wonder….
By subscribing, you don’t miss a post and your email is never shared or sold!
Follow on Pinterest, too!
Post linked to these parties…