Roast Beef Reuben Sandwich
Try this new version of a Reuben. I call it a “Roast Beef Reuben Sandwich”! This sandwich is so delicious with the new combination of flavors that it may become your favorite. My mouth just waters when I think of it. My family loved it!
- 8 slices of bread- Sourdough
- Sliced Roast Beef – don’t skimp!
- 8 slices Gouda cheese
- Jar of Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage (found ready-made in vegetable aisle) or homemade
- Coarse Ground Dijon Mustard – optional
- Pre-heat skillet
- Drain Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
- Arrange 8 slices of bread
- Place a slice of Gouda Cheese on 4 slices of bread
- Layer Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage on top of cheese
- Add Roast Beef on top of Cabbage
- Top with remaining slice of Gouda Cheese
- Spread remaining 4 slices lightly with coarse ground Dijon mustard (optional or serve on the side)
- Place those 4 slices with mustard side towards the four cheese-topped sandwiches.
- Spread with butter and place buttered side down in pre-heated skillet.
- Butter the top of the sandwich while in the skillet
- Grill until browned on each side.
- While grilling cover with a lid to warm the inside of the sandwich and melt the Gouda cheese
The combination of Roast Beef, Gouda Cheese, along with Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage is fantastic! My husband was skeptical and then after tasting it declared it to be his favorite!! You just have to try it to believe how good it is.
Serve with Coarse Ground Dijon or regular mustard on the side. Not a mustard fan? You’ll still love it without it.
Wish you could taste it right now. YUM!
Even if you don’t particularly like a corned beef with sauerkraut Reuben sandwich, I know you’ll enjoy this one! Try it!
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe on the sidebar and know that your email is never shared or sold.
Follow on Pinterest, too.
linked to these parties…