This Spaghetti Salad recipe makes a huge amount. So, if you’re making it just for your family, you may want to cut the recipe in half. It is a hearty salad and one which you can add just about anything to it. I’ll give lots of optional additions, but you can pick and choose the ones your family will like.
You do need to plan ahead and make this the day before. It needs to be in the refrigerator overnight to soak up all the flavors!
- 1 -1 lb. box Spaghetti (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 16 oz. bottle of Italian Dressing
- Red onion chopped fine
- 2-3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- McCormick’s Salad Supreme seasoning
- Cheese (Colby or Cheddar)
- pepperoni or salami, cut into small pieces
- Celery – diced
- Optional items:
- Cucumber, seeded and diced
- Sliced black olives
- green pepper, diced
- marinated artichoke hearts
- Prepare Spaghetti according to package directions
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Place spaghetti in a large bowl.
- Pour Italian Dressing over the spaghetti
- Add 1/2 jar of McCormick’s Salad Seasoning ( I add just a little more)
- Mix with spaghetti
- Add onion, celery, pepperoni or salami, and tomatoes
- Add optional ingredients of choice
- Combine all ingredients, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
This recipe never had amounts of each ingredient so I just add according to what I like. Toss well before serving to get all the goodies from the bottom of the bowl. This salad keeps well for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
By subscribing, your email is never shared or sold!
Follow on Pinterest, too!