Tortellini and Sausage Soup
Sad to say, summer is gone and cold, chilly nights are upon us. This Tortellini and Sausage Soup really “hits the spot” and tastes so good on those dark, wintry nights. It’s quick and easy to put together, too. Leftovers, if you have any, freeze well for another time. This is one of my favorites!
- 1 lb. mild bulk Italian Sausage (or hot, if you like)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 cups beef broth
- 1 qt. (28 oz. can) diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 carrots, slices
- 1 pkg. cheese tortellini (9 oz.)
- Brown sausage, onion and garlic together and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until carrots are semi-tender.
- Add tortellini and boil gently 4-6 minutes
I’m sure this will become one of your favorites, too!